The Website may provide links or references to websites operated by third parties. Once you enter another website, please be aware that AssuraSource LTD is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each site that you visit through a link on our Website.
This Website is not intended for use by children. To use the Website, you must be at least 18 years of age or the legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction if that age is greater than 18 years of age.
If you do not want to receive special offers, marketing communications, newsletters, or other promotional communications (Marketing Communications) from AssuraSource LTD, you may opt-out or withdraw your consent by following the steps described in each such Marketing Communication or by contacting AssuraSource LTD at [email protected]
Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for such request to become effective. Also note that, after you opt-out, AssuraSource LTD may still send you certain communications that are not primarily for marketing purposes and that AssuraSource LTD deems important for all Website users to receive, such as notifications regarding technical problems with the Website.
Website Usage Information
We may automatically collect information about the use of the Website through, for example, cookies or IP addresses (as described below). AssuraSource LTD may, in the future, archive log files and use non-personally identifying information in aggregate form to detect errors with the Website, identify security issues, and build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of AssuraSource LTD users, and measure demographics and interests in connection with specific areas of the Website.
Disclosure to Third Parties
AssuraSource LTD does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties.
General Disclosures. AssuraSource LTD may disclose your personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Website’s policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety.
General Contractors/Vendors. AssuraSource LTD uses third parties (including contractors and service providers) to help with certain aspects of its operations, which may require disclosure of your Personal Information to them. For example, AssuraSource LTD may use a third party to communicate with you (via telephone, email, or letter) about our services, to send information to you, to host the Website and related databases, and to perform other work that we may choose to outsource. AssuraSource LTD requires these third parties to use your Personal Information only as necessary to perform the services they are asked to perform and these third parties must agree to keep this information confidential.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The ads appearing on the Website are delivered to you by a third party. Information about your visits to the Website, such as the contents of articles you view, the number of times you have viewed an ad, and your age, weight, gender, goals, and region may be used to tailor the ads that are served to you. AssuraSource LTD does not share your name or email address with advertisers, unless you specifically select to share information to receive an offer. In the course of serving advertisements to the Website, third-party advertisers may also place cookies on your computer. However, if you do not wish to receive cookies or want to be notified of when they are placed, your browser may permit you to do so. For more information about how to opt-out of receiving emails or third-party offers, please see Personal Information above.
We use a combination of multiple firewalls and multiple levels of physical security to protect the personal you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, you should know that no company, including AssuraSource LTD, can fully eliminate security or other risks associated with the possession of Personal Information. For example, we may be legally required to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
AssuraSource LTD uses health information about you for treatment, to obtain payment for treatment, for administrative purposes, and to evaluate the quality of care that you receive. Your health information is contained in a medical record that is the physical property of AssuraSource LTD.
HOW AssuraSource LTD MAY USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
- FOR TREATMENT: AssuraSource LTD may use your health information to provide you with medical treatment or services. For example, information obtained by a healthcare provider, such as a physician, nurse, or other person providing health services to you, that is related to your treatment will be recorded in your record. This information is necessary for healthcare providers to determine what treatment you should receive. Healthcare providers will also record actions taken by them in the course of your treatment and note how you respond to the actions.
- FOR PAYMENT: AssuraSource LTD may use and disclose your health information to others for purposes of receiving payment for treatment and services that you receive. For example, a bill may be sent to you or a third-party payer, such as an insurance company or health plan. The information on the bill may contain information that identifies you, your diagnosis, and treatment or supplies used in the course of treatment.
- FOR HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS: AssuraSource LTD may use and disclose health information about you for operational purposes. For example, your health information may be disclosed to members of the medical staff, risk or quality improvement personnel, and others to:
- Evaluate the performance of your staff;
- Assess the quality of care and outcomes in your cases and similar cases;
- Learn how to improve our services; and
- Determine how to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the healthcare we provide.
- APPOINTMENTS: AssuraSource LTD may use your information to provide appointment reminders or information about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to the individual.
- REQUIRED BY LAW: AssuraSource LTD may use and disclose information about you as required by law. For example, AssuraSource LTD may disclose information for the following purposes:
- For judicial and administrative proceedings pursuant to legal authority;
- To report information related to victims of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence; and
- To assist law enforcement officials in their law enforcement duties.
- PUBLIC HEALTH: Your health information may be used or disclosed for public health activities, such as assisting public health authorities or other legal authorities to prevent or control disease, injury or disability, or for other health oversight activities.
- DECEDENTS: Health Information may be disclosed to funeral directors or coroners to enable them to carry out their lawful duties.
- ORGAN/TISSUE DONATION: Your health information may be used or disclosed for cadaveric organ, eye or tissue donation purposes.
- RESEARCH: AssuraSource LTD may use your health information for research purposes when an institutional review board or privacy board that has reviewed the research proposal and established protocols to ensure the privacy of your health information has approved the research.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Your health information may be disclosed to avert a serious threat to the health or safety of you or any other person pursuant to applicable law.
- GOVERNMENT FUNCTIONS: Specialized government functions such as protection of public officials or reporting to various branches of the armed services may require use or disclosure of your health information
- WORKERS COMPENSATION: Your health information may be used or disclosed in order to comply with laws and regulations related to Workers Compensation.
Uses and Disclosures that Require your Prior Authorization
The following uses and disclosures will require your authorization:
- Uses and disclosures of psychotherapy notes, except i) use by the originator of the psychotherapy notes for treatment; ii) use or disclosure for training programs in which students, trainees, or practitioners in mental health learn under supervision to practice or improve their skills in group, joint, family or individual counseling; or iii) use or disclosure to defend in a legal action or other proceeding by you.
- Uses and disclosures for marketing, except the following communications: i) a face-to-face communication by us to you; or ii) a promotional gift of nominal value.
- Disclosures that constitute a sale of protected health information.
- Other uses and disclosures not described in this Notice will be made only with your written authorization.
Your Health Information Rights
You have the right to:
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information as provided by 45CFRß164.522; however, AssuraSource LTD is not required to agree to a requested restriction unless it is a request to restrict disclosure of protected health information about you to your health plan and i) the disclosure is for the purpose of carrying out payment or health care operations and is not otherwise required by law; and ii) the protected health information pertains solely to a healthcare item or service for which you have paid in full.
- See copies of your electronic health records if the agency uses electronic health records.
- Obtain a paper copy of the notice of information practices upon request.
- Inspect and obtain a copy of your health record as provided for in 45 CFR§164.524.
- Amend your health record as provided in 45CFR§164.426.
- Request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that i) action has already been taken, or ii) if the authorization was obtained as a condition of obtaining insurance coverage, other law provides the insurer with the right to contest a claim under the policy or the policy itself.
- Receive an accounting of where your protected health information was disclosed within six years of request.
You may contact AssuraSource LTD and the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You will not be retaliated against for filing a concern. You may file a complaint with AssuraSource LTD by sending a written notice to the address below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Justyn King, Executive Director
100 Allentown Parkway
Allen, TX 75002
Email: [email protected]
Obligations of AssuraSource LTD
AssuraSource LTD is required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of protected health information;
- Provide you with this notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your protected health information;
- Notify you following a breach of unsecured protected health information;
- Abide by the terms of this notice;
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction on how your information is used or disclosed;
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may make to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations; and
- Obtain your written authorization to use or disclose your health information for reasons other than those listed above and permitted under law.
AssuraSource LTD reserves the right to change its information practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information it maintains. Revised notices will be made available to you by written notification.